Sunday, 1 June 2008

Busy times

Last month was really hectic by my standards, I can hardly believe it's June already. May was a month of taking stock of where things are right now and how I can move forward more effectively. One thing that was clear to me was this house needed a drastic tidy up. It seemed to me that each room had lost its unique function and every room was trying to be too many things. Coupled with this I realised that having our bedroom on the top floor was not ideal as going to bed, getting up in the night for the bathroom was becoming quite a chore.
So, the plan was hatched to move back to the lower floor main bedroom. This meant that I had to move the healing couch into the small bedroom and oh dear all my workshop to the massive attic room.
As you can imagine this was quite some task but to add to the enormity of it our bed had to be lowered through the window 30 or more feet down to the garden , and then carried back upstairs to the first floor - I paid a neighbour and his friend to do that part! As I write, our bedroom is all cosy, the Healing Room is a haven and the workshop in the attic is still unfinished with boxes and bags of stuff needing to be organised and put away.
We had accidents along the way and one of my favourite pictures fell off the wall, the glass smashed and damaged the picture itself too - the frame is Ok though lol.

On the jewellery front I have also bitten the bullet and signed a 6 month contract to rent a cabinet at Cawthorne Antiques. I had planned to bring back stock which is in Brevon Art Gallery in Doncaster but it seems pieces are now starting to sell , so I just replaced the stock which was there.
I have also decided to change the host where my websites are held. I am currently paying £20 a month for it and sales don't justify the outlay. I am therefore having to rebuild the site and have decided to go for a new look too. It won't be live for another week but I can show you a quick preview of how it will look - hope you like it .




Of course it will look much better when it is stocked but I have lots of background work to do editing all the files and stuff. I am getting itchy hands (rather than feet) to get creating but I have to get the workshop finished before I start again. Hopefully by tomorrow it will be all put away and tidy....ready for me to create a new mess haha.

Last week I had a visit from my friend Annette and four of her students - they all live in Liverpool . Annette wanted them to get an introduction to healing and I felt quite honoured that she chose me to do that. It was a brilliant afternoon and I feel 2 of them will seriously consider healing.
I have been reading the Diary of Anne Frank and have found it a fascinating read and rather than being a book of despair it is a book full of hope, aspirations and an amazing understanding of self. It is chock full of beautiful poignant quotes but I choose to share this one with you.
This morning, when I was sitting in front of the window and taking a long, deep look outside at God and nature, I was happy, just plain happy. .... as long as people feel that kind of happiness within themselves, the joy of nature, health and much more besides, they'll all be able to recapture that happiness.
Riches, prestige, everything can be lost. But the happiness in your heart can only be dimmed; it will always be there , as long as you live, to make you happy again.
Whenever you're feeling lonely or sad, try going to the loft on a beautiful day and looking outside. Not at the houses and the rooftops, but at the sky. As long as you can look fearlessly at the sky, you'll know that you're pure within and will find happiness once more.

3 comments:

Kerrie said...

Sounds like you've been very busy Chris! Good luck with the sales at the centre and the new website.

I love that quote, that bit about looking fearlessly at the sky really struck a chord.

Kerrie x

Alison said...

You have been busy, Chris, think you need to come down here and sort my house out too! Good luck with the new venue and website.

Beautiful quote. It's hard to believe that it came from someone so young, isn't it. I remember visiting Anne Frank's home in Amsterdam a few years ago - very moving.

Maz Simpson said...

Hi Chris - you can delete this too when you've read it if you like :)

The tracker thing is safe - I saw Nia had one and thought it was interesting to see where everyone's coming from!

Thanks for your comment on my bracelet, I really enjoyed making that one - the wire is 0.8mm and it was much easier to do than I thought it would be.

I loved the passage you picked out from Anne Frank's diary, I have that book but haven't read it yet - I'm encouraged by the fact you said it was an uplifting read, might be just what I need at the moment.

You sound like you have been very busy, hope you get some time to put your feet up this week and enjoy the sunshine, good luck with the new venue!

Maz x