Saturday, 6 December 2008

New Designs


It's been quite a while since I posted and I really don't have an excuse for my tardiness. Although November was quite a busy month in terms of places to go, people to see etc I could have made more of an effort to write.
Sales have been abysmal so in an effort to keep busy I have been playing around with designs , the results of which are pictured here. The green one is made with glass, amethyst chips and freshwater pearls and took 8 hours to make! I have been testing it out to make sure I have the techniques right so have worn it for 4 days - its has been in the shower , the bath and I also slept in it and it has survived. All I need to do now is get quicker as I have a commission for one so need to make it more affordable.


The next picture shows another necklace design this time using just glass and more Freshwater Pearls. I love the way that they drape they are so fluid. The last one ended up as a bracelet as it was so heavy on the use of pearls. It looks good enough to eat haha.
I have had good news about my knee - I am NOT having surgery so a big thank you to all my healer friends.
I continue to be amazed at the number of people who read my blog - currently 620 visitors from 50 countries - how wonderful that is. Thank you all for taking time to read my rambles .
P and I have decided we don't want or need anything for Christmas so we have set a challenge. We each have to spend £20 and only one of the gifts can cost £5 or less - the remainder have to be £1 or less. I am having great fun finding things he will enjoy and have to say I am really looking forward to see what ideas he comes up with.

"The grand essentials to happiness in this life are something to do, something to love, and something to hope for."

-- Joseph Addison

3 comments:

Little Bead said...

You've made some wonderful designs. I lve thatlast bracelet but they are all beautiful.

Kerrie Slade said...

Oooh seedy stuff and very pretty too. Eight hours pffff - wait 'til you move on to the 48 hour stuff lol!

Kerrie x

Kiamyka said...

Thanks for th compliments
Kerrie I used to think I would have that reel of Fireline for ever - I just ordered 2 from Celia at Jencel haha